Associate Strategy Director
Based in Dallas, TX, USA
Hiring Manager: Katie Cantu, Executive Creative Director
Do You Mind?
At MindHandle, we’re doing something that’s never been done before: Building brands from the inside-out. We’re a collection of storytellers who believe it’s about time employees get the same attention as consumers. That’s why and more.
Values-Driven Ad Agency, Building Brands on Culture
Our story is about so much more than what we do for our clients. It’s about what YOU can do HERE. By choosing to work at MindHandle, you’re aligning yourself (and your work) with our values and promises, and you can expect the same from others around you.
Do you love creating compelling digital communication experiences that support overall marketing strategies leading to clients’ growth? As a Digital Marketing Strategist, you will develop various online promotions and campaigns to support inbound digital efforts. Part digital marketing guru and part content marketing guru, you are the key point of contact for disseminating communications materials and information through enhanced digital activities. You’re a storyteller at your core. For as long as you can remember, you’ve been insatiably curious about the world and the people who inhabit it. At dinner parties you may or may not find yourself spouting off behavioral economics insights in the form of “fun facts.” And every human interaction you have gets filed away into a folder of mental focus groups ripe with decades of anecdata.
You’ve cut your teeth working on big blue-chip brands, and you’ve got the data-fueled case stories to prove it. Not only do you understand how to synthesize and distill research, data, and cultural trends into stellar creative briefs, you’re an expert at guiding others to do the same. You dabble in the creative arts and believe that the best briefs creep into creative territories.
Most importantly, you’re energized by the opportunity to find and grow a team of super sharp strategists. Having mastered the art of brand planning, you’re eager to build something bigger than yourself and passionately embrace a leadership role that drives the discipline of strategy throughout the agency.
- Grow the strategy team and lead the charge in finding and allocating the right resources
- Develop the plan for reviewing and collecting meaningful data and insights
- Crystalize the agency’s strategic approach and proprietary processes around Magnetic Branding
- Represent the consumer/employee perspective across every communications touchpoint
- Write compelling creative briefs that inspire the work and lead creative agency briefings
- Develop audience personas and detailed consumer journeys
- Facilitate and conduct stakeholder interviews
- Synthesize data and findings into actionable insights
- Uncover category truths and paint the picture of competitive landscapes
- Craft and present brand storylines
- Develop go-to-market plans with tactical recommendations
- Create and deliver compelling story-driven presentations
- Lead strategy-focused education for the agency
- Author agency thought leadership
- Represent and pitch our strategy expertise in new business opportunities
- Work with the ECD to hire top-tier strategy talent
How You’ll Do It:
- Collaborate with brand management and creative to bring ideas to life
- Keep a close pulse on cultural trends and industry competitors
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of strategic tools and best practices
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload
- Stay abreast of employee communication trends, best practices, and guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in the field of human studies, communications, or marketing
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in brand planning, strategic communications, and related disciplines; at least 3 years of agency experience with demonstrated management of teams
- Excellent storytelling and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of deck preparation in Keynote or PowerPoint
- Proven ability to source, manage, and recommend strategic tools
- Exceptional writing and communication prowess
- Deep understanding of digital channels and audience engagement
- Demonstrated expertise of developing multi-channel strategies for produced creative work
- Proficiency in reviewing, analyzing, and synthesizing large amounts of data
- Extensive experience developing and leading collaborative client workshops
- Ability to work independently and with a team to meet deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and impeccable creative taste
MindHandle is committed to fostering an inclusive and flexible environment that encourages team members to thrive – both at work and outside of it. We care about you, your health, your future, and the people you care about. That’s why we provide the following benefits:
- Medical, Prescription, Dental and Vision Coverage (several options)
- Health Savings Account (with company contributions)
- 12 Paid Holidays per Year + 4 Flex Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (independently manage your sick, vacation and personal days)
- Paid New Parent Leave (for new mothers and fathers, whether by birth or adoption)
- Short- & Long-Term Disability + AD&D (insurance provided at no cost to protect your income)
- Optional Office Space (conveniently book desks and conference rooms)
If MindHandle sounds like the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply, whether you check all the boxes or not. We’re focused on cultivating a community of people who can grow with us, and you might be the person we’re looking for, even if you don’t realize it yet!